Re: [O] Agenda printing: org-agenda-write doesn't use ps-paper-type

From: Myles English
Subject: Re: [O] Agenda printing: org-agenda-write doesn't use ps-paper-type
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 21:39:07 +0100

Eric,

Eric S Fraga writes:

> Myles English <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Thanks for checking it.  Yes, I had to change this line in
>> org-agenda.el:
>>
>> - (call-process "ps2pdf" nil nil nil
>> + (call-process "ps2pdf" nil nil nil "-sPAPERSIZE=a4"
>
> If you use a4 sized paper all (or most of) the time, you can set this in
> /etc/papersize on Linux.  I think this is what ps2pdf looks at by
> default.
>
> I think paperconfig (8) is used to set this property properly.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I looked into this for my Arch Linux but it
had no effect on ps2pdf.  Making the /etc/papersize file and then
setting PAPERSIZE=a4 or PAPERCONF=/etc/papersize did not produce an A4
pdf document (even after installing libpaper).

Setting GS_OPTIONS="-sPAPERSIZE=a4" worked.

What also worked was manually adding this to the .ps file:

%%BeginPaperSize: a4
%%EndPaperSize

I am wondering if ps-print should have known to add this because
ps-paper-type is set to a4?

Thanks,
Myles