Re: [O] Org-mode and Taskjuggler

From: Louis Turk
Subject: Re: [O] Org-mode and Taskjuggler
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 12:38:30 +0800

Hi Christian and others that are helping me,

Many thanks!  I've run into more problems, but I'm encouraged that with
your help I'll soon have Taskjuggler enabled.

On 06/11/2013 04:46 PM, Christian Egli wrote:
> Hi Louis
>
> Louis Turk <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I'm very interested in your work to get Org-mode to export to
>> Taskjuggler version 3 --- very exciting! Being able to export to tj3
>> from org-mode would be extremely helpful to me.
> Cool.
>
>> However, I'm having trouble getting it to work. I suspect that the
>> documentation I've been reading is too old --- for version 2 of
>> Taskjuggler---, and I have version 3 installed.
> Yes, the documentation should be updated. John Hendy promised to do so a
> while ago :-) (hint, hint).
>
> What are the problems you are encountering? It should work out of the
> box. Once you have an org file as explained on the worg page you just
> invoke the exporter with C-c C-e J o for example and you should see the
> schedule in a browser.
>
>> Would you please send me:
>>
>> 1 The related code in your .emacs file.
> There is nothing special in my .emacs file. You need to include contrib
> to your load path (add-to-list 'load-path "~/src/org-mode/contrib/lisp")
I did this.
> and you need to enable the taskjuggler exporter (M-x customize
> org-export-backends).

"M-x customize org-export-backends" did not work for me. If I type "M-x
customize-group" then type "org" I get into org related stuff, but nothing
about export-backends. And in trying to figure this out I somehow disabled C-c
C-e, so now I can't export to anything. I'm hoping I haven't disable a whole
lot of other commands also. How can I fix this?

I'm using Emacs 23.3 which is the latest version packaged by Mint Linux. Do I
need to upgrade to version 24.1?

>> 2 A sample full-featured org-mode file that compiles successfully to
>>   tj3.
> The one on from the taskjuggler tutorial on the worg page should work.
I am (and will be) using that file until I get everything working.

>> 3 Any up-to-date documentation that is available.
> The best ATM is the tutorial on worg and the comments in the code.
>
>> 4 Anything other information needed to get it to work.
> If there is any other info needed then I'd say it is the official
> TaskJuggler documentation.
>
>> Thank you in advance for your help. And thanks for all your work
>> already done on this project.
> My pleasure.
>
> HTH
> Christian