Re: [O] Trigger org-capture window using linux shortcut key

From: jackin
Subject: Re: [O] Trigger org-capture window using linux shortcut key
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 20:49:38 +0900

Sincere thanks for your reply . I got it to work on my Debian machine as
follows.

Ref: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/33650

1) I appended these lines to my ~/.emacs file

(defadvice org-capture-finalize (after delete-capture-frame activate)
  "Advise capture-finalize to close the frame if it is the capture
frame"
  (if (equal "capture" (frame-parameter nil 'name))
      (delete-frame)))

(defadvice org-capture-destroy (after delete-capture-frame activate)
  "Advise capture-destroy to close the frame if it is the capture frame"
  (if (equal "capture" (frame-parameter nil 'name))
      (delete-frame)))

(defun make-capture-frame ()
  "Create a new frame and run org-capture."
  (interactive)
  (make-frame '((name . "capture")))
  (select-frame-by-name "capture")
  (delete-other-windows)
  (org-capture)
  )

2) On the debian machine -
System -> Preferences -> Keyboard Shortcuts -> Add ->
Command : /usr/bin/emacsclient -n -e '(make-capture-frame)'
Shortcut : Ctrl+Alt+C (or any of your favorite key combination)

That's it! Works like a charm for me and now I can capture anything that
flashes across my mind in a fraction of seconds, not disturbing my
original work flow on the PC.

regards,
Jackin