[O] [RFC] BibELTeX: native bibtex support in org-mode

From: Rüdiger Sonderfeld
Subject: [O] [RFC] BibELTeX: native bibtex support in org-mode
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 21:25:08 +0200

Hello,

I've started writing BibELTeX as an alternative to =ox-bibtex.el=.

https://github.com/ruediger/bibeltex

Instead of calling =bibtex2html= it uses the functionality from =org-
bibtex.el= to parse the BibTeX file and generates org-mode format for it. This
has the advantage that it works with any output format (latex, html, odt,
ascii, ...) and that it does not require external tools.

BibELTeX is currently in a very early stage of development.  The biggest
design issue is the style format.  Currently I use a =format-spec= like format
which is not very good to work with (See =bibeltex-style-default=).

Please feel free to criticise, comment, and open pull requests!

Regards
Rüdiger