Re: [O] absurd

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [O] absurd
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 22:37:24 +0200

>> "Achim" == Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

   > Uwe Brauer writes:
   >> Now the make process is getting absurd.

   > What does that problem have to do with make?

Because I can byte compile it manually, in dired via Shift-B!
That I consider as bizarre, byte compiling works, but via make it does
not.

   >> For example I put in org-agenda.el
   >>
   >> (if (featurep 'xemacs)
   >> (define-obsolete-variable-alias 'org-agenda-menu-two-column
   >> 'org-agenda-menu-two-columns)
   >> (define-obsolete-variable-alias 'org-agenda-menu-two-column
   >> 'org-agenda-menu-two-columns "24.3"))

   > That cannot work since the byte-compiler necessarily sees both branches
   > of the if clause.
I don't understand:

(defun my-test-if ()
  (interactive)
  (if (featurep 'xemacs)
      (message "Xemacs")
    (message "GNUS")))

when executed in Xemacs returns Xemacs, when executed in GNU emacs returns
GNUS.

In any case I removed the ifs leaving

(define-obsolete-variable-alias 'org-agenda-menu-two-column
 'org-agenda-menu-two-columns)

And again make failed with the same error message!

Uwe