Re: [O] org-agenda-files defvar directory "evaluation" ?

From: 'Mash
Subject: Re: [O] org-agenda-files defvar directory "evaluation" ?
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 15:00:33 +0100

Thanks,

I did use a comma to evaluate the variable but without the backtick which I believed caused that "old style backticks" warning.

Quoting Nick Dokos <address@hidden>:

'Mash <address@hidden> writes:

Resolved this via stackoverflow.

(setq org-agenda-files (list org-dir))

Equivalently

  (setq org-agenda-files `(,org-dir))

That's a backquote (on a US keyboard, it's the key to the left of the
1 key in the top row), not a normal quote. See

  (info "(elisp) Backquote")

The (list org-dir) form is quite readable here, but when things get
more complicated, the backquote form tends to be more readable than
manufacturing list structure by hand.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17020119/org-mode-org-agenda-files-defvar-directory-evaluation/17021834

But how would I do this with the variable?

--
Nick