Re: [O] A simple way to search only headlines

From: Xebar Saram
Subject: Re: [O] A simple way to search only headlines
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 16:31:30 -0400

Thank you both Thorsten and Seb, i really appreciate the help!

Seb, you wrote: The programming equivalent to C-c a s is:

    (org-agenda nil "s")

That's what you'd have to bind to a key (using a "lambda" function).

im a complete neewb and dont really have any idea on how to do the above, can you show me an example?

Best

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 3:50 AM, Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Xebar,

>> Or, for a "pure" Org solution:
>>
>>   C-c a < s *salsa dance
>>
>> searches for terms appearing only *in the headline* (including tags).
>
> That's great ,i appreciate it!
>
> Seb, is there a way to quick bind a key to the above series of commands?

The programming equivalent to C-c a s is:

    (org-agenda nil "s")

That's what you'd have to bind to a key (using a "lambda" function).

What you want is the restriction to the current buffer as well. You should
update the above, looking at the doc of `org-agenda' (sorry, no time now to do
it).

BTW, how to find that you have to bind `org-agenda'?  Simply `C-h k', followed
by the key binding for which you want to know more (here, `C-c a'), such as:
which function does it call?

Best regards,
  Seb

--