Re: [O] refine org-babel-tangle-jump-to-org?

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] refine org-babel-tangle-jump-to-org?
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 14:29:07 +0200

Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:

[snip (46 lines)]

>> For now I think both padlines and link comments are required for the
>> jumping functionality to work.  I've updated the documentation to
>> reflect this.
>>

> Thanks - I will change it accordingly.

I just discovered, that I have a problem with the setting of
org-src-preserve-indentation, as I am using org to write a package, and
I have put DESCRIPTION into the org file (as fundamental). If I have
org-src-preserve-indentation set to t, the lines start with two spaces
("  ") which causes an error in reading the files.

I can disable padlines for these source blocks, which is no problem, but
I think I can't change the setting for
org-src-preserve-indentation for a single block.

Would it be possible to have this option as a header argument, so that I
can change it for certain blocks?

The same problem is for the local file arguments: they must not be in
the DESCRIPTION and NAMESPACE file.

I could use sed or similar to adjust these files, but I would rather
prefer to
a) be able to have org-src-preserve-indentation for tangling as a header
argument
b) a variable in which I can specify in which tangled files should have
the local variables included.

By the way, the post-tangle-hook approach works, but it has the
disadvantage, that each file needs to be written twice - in the mini
buffer, each tangled file is shown twice. As one org file contains
several (>10) tangles output files, this adds to the time needed for
tangling.

Cheers,

Rainer

--