Re: [O] Automatically adding local variables to tangled file

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] Automatically adding local variables to tangled file
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 10:32:19 +0200

Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:

[snip (54 lines)]

>> I think the above code should be considered an implementation rather
>> than simply a test.  This is exactly what the post-tangle hook is
>> intended to support.  Is there a motivating reason for this behavior to
>> be "built in"?
>
> As pointed out, I think the possibility to easily add local variables to
> the tangled file, will be valuable. I would opt for an the buil-in
> option, as this could e.g. be used to set the file read-only in emacs,
> adding svn information, etc.
>
> This could be achieved by supplying one variable containing strings,
> which contains the names of the local variables to be added and their values.
>
> For the time being, I will add the suggested code to my emacs.org.

I stumbled upon one problem, though: I want to mame the tengled file,
when nopened in emacs, to have the minor mode auto-revert-mode. So I did
the following, which obviously did not work:

,----
| (defvar org-babel-tangled-file nil
|     "If non-nill, current file was tangled with org-babel-tangle")
|   (put 'org-babel-tangled-file 'safe-local-variable 'booleanp)
|
|   (defun org-babel-mark-file-as-tangled ()
|     (add-file-local-variable 'org-babel-tangled-file t)
|     (add-file-local-variable 'buffer-read-only t)
|     (add-file-local-variable 'eval: (auto-revert-mode))
|     (basic-save-buffer))
|
|   (add-hook 'org-babel-post-tangle-hook 'org-babel-mark-file-as-tangled)
`----

So is tere a way, of adding the line

,----
| eval: (auto-revert-mode)
`----

to the file local variables, so that emacs sutomatically enables
auto-revert-mode?

Thanks,

Rainer

[snip (38 lines)]