[O] Customizing export globally

From: Klaus-Dieter Bauer
Subject: [O] Customizing export globally
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 19:57:11 +0200

Hello!

Is it possible, short of hacking the exporters, to get indentation of non-list paragraphs preserved?

E.g. I want some nice-looking formatting inside emacs:

==================
And thus Einstein wrote:

        E = mc^2
==================

The same visual effect in export could be achieved by

And thus Einstein wrote:

#+begin_quote
E = mc^2
#+end_quote

but at the cost of visual clutter in the org-mode file which by my emacs-centric export-as-an-afterthought usage would be worse than unwanted export formatting (I have partially solved this by making the #+ lines ALMOST white but still...).

I fear the answer will be no, as in the first example both paragraphs are exported entirely equally as <p>TEXT</p>.

My closest alternative is falling back to $$equations$$, but again -- visual clutter (though here a hack to fontify only the delimiters in a bright shade of grey should not be so difficult).

kind regards, Klaus