Re: [O] export to LaTeX with TOC but without numbers

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: Re: [O] export to LaTeX with TOC but without numbers
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 09:14:47 +0200

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> Andreas Leha <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi Eric,
>>
>> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Ah, I see.  Well, you could do something along these lines (completely
>>> untested and likely to be wrong...):
>>>
>>> #+latex_header:
>>> \newcommand{\mysection}[1]{\section*{#1}\addcontentsline{toc}{section}{#1}}
>>>
>>> and similar for subsection, subsubsection, ...
>>>
>>> Then customise org-latex-classes and replace, for instance,
>>> \\section*{%s} by \\mysection{%s}.
>>>
>>> However, you'll probably need to put a bit more TeX in the
>>> addcontentsline bit if you want some proper formatting (have a look at
>>> latex.ltx [around line 5659 in my version of this file] to see how
>>> content lines are handled by default...).
>>>
>>> Not trivial but also not impossible!
>>>
>>> I would suggest you look at latex-specific fora for answers to the more
>>> general question of generating tables of contents for unnumbered
>>> headings as I can imagine that there are simpler solutions.
>>>

>> Thanks for these hints!  When I follow that route I'll have to do
>> more work I guess:
>> 1. either I have to provide two versions of my org-latex-classes (one
>>    for numbered and one for un-numbered cases)
>> 2. or I have to provide a filter or sth similar to replace sections
>>    with mysections, correct?
>
> I've gone the filter route before, with pretty good success: checking
> for the type of heading and adding toc statements. In my case I *wanted*
> something more complicated, though, using tocloft and \addtocontents. If
> you don't need all that then Nick's suggestion seems perfect.

The more I think about it, the more I get the impression, that it would
have been faster (even given my elisp 'skills') to write such a
filter than to raise that here.  And I might even need a similar and
more complicated TOC handling soon, so it would have been a good start.

Anyway, Nick's suggestion works for now.  As I said in the other post,
it works at least as long as I do not want odt as well...

Best,
Andreas