Re: [O] [html] non-lists showing up as lists

From: Alan L Tyree
Subject: Re: [O] [html] non-lists showing up as lists
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 06:24:34 +1000

Nicolas Goaziou writes:

> Hello,
>
> Alan L Tyree <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Nicolas Goaziou writes:

>>> [...]
>>>
>>> By default, a number followed by a dot or a parenthesis at the beginning
>>> of a line starts a plain list. There is nothing new here. Use M-RET
>>> after "but few", and you'll see this is not related to export.
>>>
>>> The filling mechanism should prevent this situation from happening. If
>>> it's not the case, please provide an ECM, as I cannot find one.
>>>

>>> Regards,
>> Perhaps the filling mechanism should prevent it, but in my case it does
>> not.
>
> I tried to fill the previous footnote definition at various places with
> various fill-column values, to no avail.
>
>> Both of the paragraphs I sent were the result of filling. Perhaps there
>> is some setting that prevents this from happening? What parameters do
>> you need to know to reproduce the problem from the above examples?
>
> I wish I knew what's needed to reproduce the problem. What's your value
> for `fill-nobreak-predicate' in an Org buffer? The function responsible
> for preventing a list insertion is
> `org-fill-paragraph-separate-nobreak-p'.
>
> Regards,
Hi Nicolas,
Thanks for taking the time to look at this. The problem is a little
different from what I thought.

The above paragraph does not refill when the '137.' is at the front of
the line (And of course, it should not since org thinks it is a list
item).

It does fill properly when the '137.' is anywhere else.

So: my problem is that somehow the '137.' got at the head of a line. I
have no idea how that happened. I inserted references in this document
using reftex, so I suppose that is one source to investigate.

The other source is, no doubt, cut and paste.

In a 60+ page document, I had four or five of these, so it is a very
annoying problem.

In view of this, should I explore further about the source of these or
try out the patch you sent?

Again, many thanks for your time and help.

Cheers,
Alan

--
Alan L Tyree           http://www2.austlii.edu.au/~alan