Re: [O] [html] non-lists showing up as lists

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [html] non-lists showing up as lists
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2013 09:57:21 +0200

Hello,

Alan L Tyree <address@hidden> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>

>> Alan L Tyree <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> I have also been bedeviled by this problem. In a long manuscript it is
>>> all too common. Here is a real example of a footnote and its HTML
>>> export:
>>>
>>> =======
>>>
>>> [fn:79] Some commentators have questioned whether it is an
>>> 'exception'. The argument is that it is merely part of the bank's duty
>>> not to be part of any fraud of which it has knowledge. See Ricky J
>>> Lee, Strict compliance and the fraud exception: balancing the
>>> interests of mercantile traders in the modern law of documentary
>>> credits, (2008) Macquarie Journal of Business Law
>>> 137. There is merit to this argument, but few
>>> practical consequences.
>>>

>> [...]
>>
>> By default, a number followed by a dot or a parenthesis at the beginning
>> of a line starts a plain list. There is nothing new here. Use M-RET
>> after "but few", and you'll see this is not related to export.
>>
>> The filling mechanism should prevent this situation from happening. If
>> it's not the case, please provide an ECM, as I cannot find one.
>>

>> Regards,
> Perhaps the filling mechanism should prevent it, but in my case it does
> not.

I tried to fill the previous footnote definition at various places with
various fill-column values, to no avail.

> Both of the paragraphs I sent were the result of filling. Perhaps there
> is some setting that prevents this from happening? What parameters do
> you need to know to reproduce the problem from the above examples?

I wish I knew what's needed to reproduce the problem. What's your value
for `fill-nobreak-predicate' in an Org buffer? The function responsible
for preventing a list insertion is
`org-fill-paragraph-separate-nobreak-p'.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou