Re: [O] Org-mode contacts to Android

From: Feng Shu
Subject: Re: [O] Org-mode contacts to Android
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2013 06:28:32 +0800

Karl Voit <address@hidden> writes:

> * Feng Shu <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Karl Voit <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> In the future, I plan to add a workflow that gets contact
>>> information form Org-mode (my central point of information) to my
>>> phone and so forth.
>>
>> If you use android phone, you can write a  function
>> "org-contacts-export-to-sqlite3" which can export org-contacts  to
>> android contacts.db
>
> Yes, I am using Android on my phone.
>
> No, I am not able to write a sqlite3 export in ELISP because I don't
> know ELISP (yet) :-(
>
> However, why should I? You mentioned your VCard export method in
> another email here. This sounds reasonable to me. I guess, I have to
> test this method on my Android as well some time.

The reason:
1. speed: very slow when import vcf to android(>100 contacts)
2. automatic: If we export to db directly, we only need update db to
   android phone,and don't need to run Vcardio in the phone

Maybe we can do like this:

org-contacts -> vcf file ---vcf to sqlite3 command--> db --> push to android!