Re: [O] Exporting output and graphics from R

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Exporting output and graphics from R
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 14:24:55 +0200

Hi SabreWolfy,

SabreWolfy wrote:
> When the following code is evaluated or exported, only the link to
> "testout.png" appears in the RESULTS section.
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC R :results output graphics :file testout.png :exports both
> plot(1:10, 1:10)
> x <- 1:10
> library(ascii)
> options(asciiType = "org")
> ascii(x)
> #+END_SRC

Removing `output' here should solve the above point.

> When this code is evaluated, the value of "x" appears in the RESULTS:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC R :results output :exports both
> x <- 1:10
> library(ascii)
> options(asciiType = "org")
> ascii(x)
> #+END_SRC
>
> How can I get the first example to output both graphics and ascii output?

AFAICT, you can't have both at the same time. Do you have a real use case for
this?

If really needed, you can define your code once, wrap it with some value for
the ":results" header, and "copy" it somewhere else via Noweb's facility,
where it can be evaluated under other values for the ":results" header.

> I'm using Org 7.9.2.

Try upgrading now to Org 8 so that you fiddle only once with the export
variables -- which changed, even if similar, between Org 7.9 and Org 8.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban