[O] How to prevent tabs from turning into spaces in source-code export?

From: James Harkins
Subject: [O] How to prevent tabs from turning into spaces in source-code export?
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 19:19:01 +0800

I have (where <TAB> is a tab character):

#+BEGIN_SRC {}
// SuperCollider code here

(
r = p.chan.play(Pspawner { |sp|
<TAB>var num, subdiv,
});
)
#+END_SRC

The exported .tex file contains:

\begin{lstlisting}
// SuperCollider code here

(
r = p.chan.play(Pspawner { |sp|
});
)
\end{lstlisting}

I do not want this conversion to happen. If it doesn't happen, then I
can use listings' tabsize property to control the tab width.

Failing that, how do I tell org to use fewer than 8 spaces? The tabs
are much much too wide in the resulting pdf.

hjh