Re: [O] Build-System: Why not compile contrib

From: Stefan Nobis
Subject: Re: [O] Build-System: Why not compile contrib
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 10:25:52 +0200

Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> writes:

> <http://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-build-system.html#sec-4-1-2>

> Hope this helps,

A little bit. I already know about ORG_ADD_CONTRIB, but I thought it
would only be used by `make install' and I do not install org-mode, I
use it directly from my local repository (running `make update' or
`make up1' from time to time; org-mode/lisp and org-mode/contrib/lisp
are both in my load-path).

I dug a bit deeper into the Makefiles and now I realized that files
defined by ORG_ADD_CONTRIB will be copied to the main lisp directory
and then everything is compiled. Just removing org-mode/contrib/lisp
from my load-path and only using org-mode/lisp is enough.

The only unaethetic thing left is that now git sees all those files
from contrib/lisp copied to lisp as new untracked files (but that does
not bother me too much).

--
Until the next mail...,
Stefan.