Re: [O] LaTeX minted --shell-escape error after updating to 8.0.3

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] LaTeX minted --shell-escape error after updating to 8.0.3
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 02:44:08 -0400

Senthil Kumar M <address@hidden> writes:

> I updated org-mode to 8.0.3 (release_8.0.3-156-g847637). I got the
> following error while using the LaTeX export, before the update all
> was well and the PDF file was produced fine.
>
> "Process completed with errors: [LaTeX error] [package error]
>
> *Org PDF LaTeX Output* shows:

> Package ifplatform Warning:
>     shell escape is disabled, so I can only detect \ifwindows.
>
> ))
>
> ! Package minted Error: You must invoke LaTeX with the -shell-escape flag.
>
> See the minted package documentation for explanation.
> Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
>
> l.21 \usemintedstyle
>                     {autumn}
>
> ! Package minted Error: You must have `pygmentize' installed to use this
> packag
> e.
>
> See the minted package documentation for explanation.
> Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
>

> I have not changed any settings in my .emacs file (i.e.: (setq
> org-export-latex-listings 'minted) is unchanged) and I never faced any
> problems related to the `--shell-escape' before the update. pygmentize
> is present in /usr/bin/ and it too worked perfectly before the update.

Well, you must have done something before to get around this problem.
My guess would be that you have customized the old
org-latex-to-pdf-process variable. The problem is that in 8.x, the
variable has been renamed to org-latex-pdf-process, so you need to do
to the new variable what you did to the old. E.g. the default setting
of this variable is three pdflatex calls:

,----
| ("pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f"
|  "pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f"
|  "pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f")
`----

You'd need to add --shell-escape to each one.

--
Nick