Re: [O] Fwd: File local variables not being processed

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Fwd: File local variables not being processed
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 11:00:06 -0400

"Daniel." <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi, I have a todo.org file with some local variables, here is the file content
>
> # Local Variables:
> # eval: (setq org-todo-keyword-faces
> #  '(("TOSTART" . "red")
> #    ("PLANING" . "yellow")
> #    ("DOING" . "yellow")
> #    ("CHECKING" . "yellow")
> #    ("WAITING" . "green")
> #    ("DOCUMENTING" . "yellow")))
> # End:
>
> #+TODO: TOSTART PLANING DOING CHECKING WAITING DOCUMENTING RELEASE
>
> * TOSTART DO SOMETHING
>
> And here is the snippet of my .emacs
>
> ;; TODO file:
> (defvar todo-file "~/todo.org"
>   "My todo list!")
> (setq enable-local-variables :all)
> (setq enable-local-eval t)
> (find-file todo-file)
>
> Still I don't get the org-mode colors specified on local variables.. If I put
> the same sexp on my .emacs it works..

No ideas about what's wrong with your setup (unless you are testing on a
file different from the short one you posted - see below), but it works
fine here.  You can always check whether the setup was effective, using
C-h v org-todo-keyword-faces RET.

One thing that you want to change is to put the local variable section
at the end of the file: emacs starts looking at the end and looks back a
certain distance - 3000 characters by default - and only within the last
"page" of the file, i.e.  not above a ^L (formfeed) character.

It should still work for a short enough file like the one you posted,
but once you start adding entries, the local variable section will
soon become invisible to emacs.

--
Nick