Re: [O] [NEW FEATURE] org-hlc.el - hidden-lines-cookies (hlc) for Org-mo

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] [NEW FEATURE] org-hlc.el - hidden-lines-cookies (hlc) for Org-mode
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 15:56:09 +0200

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> , and it should be hooked somehow into the folding/unfolding routines
>>> to auto-update.
>>
>> Thats what I thought too, but I ran into a problem I could not solve so
>> far, so this user-command based implementation (show the cookies on
>> demand) is kind of the second-best solution (better then nothing).
>>
>> Here is a thread related to the problem mentioned, unfortunately with no
>> posts except my own so far:
>>
>> ,-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>> | http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2013-05/msg00511.html
>> `-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> You can try increasing max-specpdl-size: read the doc for it. If you are
> asking for a bounded amount of resources but that amount is bigger than
> what emacs is willing to give you, then increasing the size should work.
> OTOH, if you are asking for unlimited resources (e.g. you have an
> infinite recursion somewhere), then increasing the limit will only allow
> you to go a little further before blowing up again.
>
> So try making it 10 or even 100 times bigger and see what you get (and
> try it on a throwaway emacs instance, not the working instance). If it
> still blows up, you'll have to look at your code carefully: chances are
> there is a programming error.

I read about that, but I did not simply want to increase the limit
because looking at my code I thought it should not use so much bindings.

However, the problem is more or less obsolete now since I switched to a
completely different implementation using overlays - see my post with
regards to 'org-weights.el'.

Thanks for the info anyway.

--
cheers,