Re: [O] #+ATTR_LaTeX no longer honoured

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] #+ATTR_LaTeX no longer honoured
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 22:31:29 +0200

Hello,

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> Paul Stansell <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've noticed that #+ATTR_LaTeX seems to be no longer honoured (I'm
>> using release_8.0.3-133-ga5872)
>>
>> This is demonstrated for the attached org file.  It's the exact
>> example from http://orgmode.org/manual/Images-in-LaTeX-export.html.
>>
>> I expect the exported latex file (C-c C-e l l) to contain something like
>>
>>   \includegraphics[width=5cm,angle=90]{./dummy.png}
>>
>> but I instead it contains
>>
>>   \includegraphics[width=.9\linewidth]{./dummy.png}
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Paul
>>
>> PS. I'm using Emacs 24.2.1 and I tested with the minimal org-mode
>> set-up from http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html.
>
> I won't even attempt to give an overview of how attribute syntax has
> changed/is changing, or explain why and how the manual is out of date,
> but while we're waiting for someone else to do that, here's the line
> you're looking for:
>
> #+ATTR_LaTeX: :width 5cm :options angle=90

The manual is up-to-date (sections about HTML and ODT export may lag
a bit behind), but the URL isn't. In particular, see:

  http://orgmode.org/org.html#LaTeX-specific-attributes

> Very briefly, I think attributes that may be common to multiple backends
> are now given as eg :width or :height (with no equals sign before the
> value), while attributes that are rarer or likely backend-specific are
> stuffed into one :options attribute, with the keys/values written more
> literally.

AFAIK, :options is specific to latex back-end. Common attributes are set
the usual way, i.e. with ":attribute value" syntax. Though it's
impossible to recognize them all. So :options is handy to add raw
arguments.

Anyway, all attributes should be documented in the manual.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou