Re: [O] What happens to org-export-with-LaTeX-fragments

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] What happens to org-export-with-LaTeX-fragments
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 15:02:53 +0200

Hi Leo,

> I am upgrading to org 8 and cleaning up my init. There are two variables
> that aren't defined any more: org-export-with-LaTeX-fragments and

I'm looking at an "old" exporter and assume that you are interested in
MathJax and HTML. . .?

In any case, the source suggests that org-element only checks
:with-latex, which can be set 'globally' with org-export-with-latex (I
think).  Also, it seems there might be a bug in the docstring as the
function below suggests it also support value dvipng and mathjax.  But
I could be wrong.

Anyway, check out this function:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
;;;; Latex Fragment  [snip from ox-html.el]

(defun org-html-latex-fragment (latex-fragment contents info)
  "Transcode a LATEX-FRAGMENT object from Org to HTML.
CONTENTS is nil.  INFO is a plist holding contextual information."
  (let ((latex-frag (org-element-property :value latex-fragment))
        (processing-type (plist-get info :with-latex)))
    (case processing-type
      ((t mathjax)
       (org-html-format-latex latex-frag 'mathjax))
      (dvipng
       (let* ((formula-link (org-html-format-latex
                             latex-frag processing-type)))
         (when (and formula-link
                    (string-match "file:\\([^]]*\\)" formula-link))
           (org-html-format-inline-image
            (match-string 1 formula-link) info))))
      (t latex-frag))))
#+END_SRC

> org-highlight-latex-fragments-and-specials.

This is improved through org-highlight-latex-and-related.  Check it
out.

Hope it helps,
Rasmus

--
. . . Stallman was indeed the tallest possible mountain and by
standing on his shoulders you could see forever. . .