Re: [O] [mobileorg-android] Re: Agenda in MobileOrg for Android

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: [O] [mobileorg-android] Re: Agenda in MobileOrg for Android
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 11:00:49 +0800

> OK, so I'm reviving this old thread.
>
> I tried to set up MobileOrg again and failed completely - again.  Sorry
> for my post being a bit harsh, but I'm really frustrated with this
> situation, especially that I hear people claiming it works for them...

For the sake of completion, and so that MobileOrg doesn't get too bad
a rap, discussion of the MobileOrg/Android config issue continued on
the MobileOrg/Android mailing list.

One main point:

Any versions of MobileOrg (for android) with the new interface (I
think 0.9.5+, but I don't remember the exact version number) depend on
some new code in org-mode itself to handle pulling. Marcin was using
an older org version, which doesn't include the new stuff. This is
almost certainly the cause of the pull failures reported here.

I think it's only within the last 4-6 weeks that some org-mobile-pull
bugs were fixed in org, so in general, the newer the org version, the
better. For myself, with those bug fixes, pulling from mobile is "just
working."

I'll leave off any discussion of the interface issues, except to note
that the MobileOrg/Android developers are more than willing to listen
to user experiences. (I'm not one of those developers, just a
generally satisfied user.)

hjh