Re: [O] problems with latex custom classes in new exporter

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] problems with latex custom classes in new exporter
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 22:37:23 -0400

Peter Salazar <address@hidden> writes:

> I use a LaTeX custom class which I hired someone to create for me,
> which I load as a preference file
> latex.el: http://pastebin.com/SW0Xqe2h  (the custom class is called
> ilija).
>
> It worked perfectly up to org 7.9.4.
>
> But now my PDF documents are coming out all
> garbled: http://i.imgur.com/hys33MS.png
>
> Here's the Org PDF LaTeX Output:
> http://pastebin.com/rQmkzBYa
>
> I don't really know how to interpret all those errors, except that I
> do notice this:
>
> Package hyperref Error: Wrong driver option `xetex',
> (hyperref)                because XeTeX is not detected.
>
> Again, it was working before I upgraded to 8.0.2, and it still works
> perfectly when I load org-7.9.4 instead of org-8.0.2.
>
> Reference: OSX 10.8.3, Aquamacs 2.4 / Emacs 23.3.50.1 / org-8.0.2.

The old org-latex-to-pdf-process variable (which you are initializing
in your latex.el file) has been renamed to org-latex-pdf-process. I
presume that you are not touching the latter, so it's left at default,
so the exporter ends up invoking pdflatex instead of xelatex.

You probably want to duplicate the setting in latex.el so that it will
continue working in both 8.0 and 7.9.4, rather than eliminating the old
one:

(setq org-latex-to-pdf-process
  '("xelatex -interaction nonstopmode %f"
     "xelatex -interaction nonstopmode %f")) ;; for multiple passes

(setq org-latex-pdf-process
  '("xelatex -interaction nonstopmode %f"
     "xelatex -interaction nonstopmode %f")) ;; for multiple passes

or just:

(setq org-latex-pdf-process org-latex-to-pdf-process)

(Untested).
--
Nick