Re: [O] Bug: Python SRC exec tuple fails [7.9.3f (release_7.9.3f-17-g75

From: Roland Donat
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Python SRC exec tuple fails [7.9.3f (release_7.9.3f-17-g7524ef <at> MY-PATH/)]
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 20:50:50 +0000 (UTC)

> > Yes, you're right Andreas. It "fails" to show the accented characters if
you
> > try to print the entire tuple.
> > It fails too if you evaluate a[0][0] in your interpreter. You should see
:
> > '\xc3\xa9'
> > But print a[0][0] gives the expected answer 'é'
> >
> > So, based on your successful experience consisting in returning a[0][0]
in
> > the orgmode source block, we can assume that org-babel use the python
print
> > function to display results in org buffer, aren't we?
> >
> > Another strange behaviour, when you evaluate the src_block test given in
> > example, you get :
> > | \303\251 | a        |
> > | a        | \303\240 |
> >
> > Whereas I was expecting to get the same code than in the python
interpreter,
> > that is :
> > | \xc3\xa9 | a          |
> > | a        | '\xc3\xa0' |
> >
> > In addition, when I try to save my buffer, Emacs doesn't recognize the
> > encoding of characters \303\251 and \303\240 and asks me to choose an
> > encoding. Then, I enter utf-8 and nothing happens BUT when I quit and
reopen
> > my file : the characters are printed correctly.... Too strange for
me....

> > Cheers,
> >
> > Roland.
>
> so what about that:
>
> a = ( ( "é", "a" ), ( "a", "à" ) )
> for i, j in a:
>      print i, j
>
> BTW previous post was sent prematurely..
>
> Andreas

Yep, using a couple of for loops will work but the result won't return as a
table which is a requirement for me.

To precise the context a littre more, I have basically 2 source blocks :
1) the famous python block which must return a table
2) a R block used to post-process the previous table

Well, thanks for your help.
I think I spent too much time on this so I'm thinking about changing my
approach. For example, put the result of the first step into a file and then
process the file in step 2.

Best regards,

Roland.