[O] Auto-unfold subtrees with matches in query-replace (et al.?)

From: Michael Bach
Subject: [O] Auto-unfold subtrees with matches in query-replace (et al.?)
Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 22:19:06 +0200

Dear org-mode Users and Developers,

When I do a M-% (query-replace) in an org-mode buffer where the relevant trees are folded, subtrees with matches are not unfolded. I am looking for a similar behavior as is observed when doing a simple C-s (search-forward).

While I am at it: the same applies to a 3-way ediff merge session started from magit, namely the `next' difference is not visible because of folding. My solution for now is to fundamental-mode the buffers prior to the merging work.

Is there an option for this that I am missing?  (How) Did you solve this?

Best Regards,
Michael