Re: [O] org-search-view skips over commented subtrees

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [O] org-search-view skips over commented subtrees
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 11:22:43 -0700

Hi Sebastien,

On 5/7/13, Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden> wrote:
> I understand, maybe wrongly though, that he agrees not seeing COMMENTed
> headlines in "C-c a a", but not in "C-c a s" results. He'll tell us...

Yes, that is correct, thank you.  (There is also the apparent
inconsistency between commented subtrees and "# " comments.)

I use a mixture of custom and built-in commands, and direct calls to
org-search-view, so it is not clear how I will cover all needed cases
conveniently, but I now realize that it is possible.

I wasn't aware of the variable.  Thanks to Bastien for that and
Carsten for the custom let.

Ideally, the variable would allow a list of search types (along the
lines of org-agenda-use-tag-inheritance).  I wonder if that would make
sense?

Samuel

The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  ANYBODY can get it.