[O] INCLUDE directives in new org-mode

From: Wiskey 5 Alpha
Subject: [O] INCLUDE directives in new org-mode
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 22:14:07 -0400

Hello all,
   I am trying to use the #+INCLUDE directives to have template information for a series of orgmode files that I want to export.  Prior to upgrading to v8, the below minimal example was working.   But as of the upgrade, any text in an included file is just copied in verbatim.

--- foo.org

#+INCLUDE: date.org

* this is a test

--- date.org
{{{date(%d %b %Y)}}}

When I export foo.org using the odt exporter, the date does not show, but it used to in previous versions.  Is there something I need to do to the syntax of the include ?

-Tim