Re: [O] odd behavior for begin_src org :results

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] odd behavior for begin_src org :results
Date: Fri, 03 May 2013 09:46:50 +0200

Hello Greg,

Greg Minshall wrote:
> It appears that only *string* values are allowed for any :var that are
> defined (i.e., ':var bar="foo"', and *not* ':var bar=3').

Confirmed. The following does not work.

#+begin_src org :results drawer replace :var you=2
Hello $you
#+end_src

> since i'm not 100% sure of the semantics, maybe this is desired.

I dunno either. Clearly, an error should not happen. OTOH, there is no concept
of Org variable, so every variable here comes down to be implemented as a
simple string replacement, hence the need for strings only, maybe.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban