Re: [O] section subtitle in latex export

From: Masataro Asai
Subject: Re: [O] section subtitle in latex export
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 20:05:05 +0900

Nicolas,

sorry for my offending remarks in the second message. i was just a little nervous about that unexpected behavior for me.

org latex classes can be considererd as a template. template is somewhat similer to lambda. you wouldnt want any function to be modified by another function which recieved it as its argument.

so if something may be inserted in the template without notice, instead it should be better if it has more arguments. say additional %s. if only there is two of them in the template you can add alternative title, this may be an option. amother option is, giving altered version explicitly. which may make it accept four templates per sectioning, numbered,unnumbered,alternative numbered, altered unnumbered. some people, at least not me, may want this feature.

if user can modify that behavior it would be definitrly better. well, that may inflate the list of vars in customs, but thats another ploblem.

the reason of cancelling the alt title, the situation im in is written in the
first message. one journal template throws an error because it does not recognize altered titles.
maybe i can write a script which regex all alt titles out, but i wanted to contribute to the development of org.

sorry for many typos, im currentry wrting on android.

masataro

2013/05/02 17:26 "Nicolas Goaziou" <address@hidden>:
Hello,

Masataro Asai <address@hidden> writes:

> Reply to myself:
>
> I edebugged the ox-latex and studied what's happening.
> Who wrote this code?

Obviously, not you.

> you shouldn't do things like this... The code is overwriting the
> defcustom'ed sectioning format, no one knows.

Doing what? Would you mind giving an example of that overwriting thing?

> the best answer for this problem would be changing the structure of
> org-latex-classes

Really?

> but I dont want to do that right now. so I just gave an option for
> alternative-heading.

Why would you want to remove every optional title? That would break
things like tags:not-in-toc and ALT_TITLE properties.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou