[O] Buffer-local override of org-latex-title-command?

From: James Harkins
Subject: [O] Buffer-local override of org-latex-title-command?
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 06:31:46 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I've decided to write my next research article using org's LaTeX
export. The first problem: the journal mandates one column for the
title/author heading and the abstract, while the remainder of the text
should be in two columns.

TeX FAQ recommends the following [1]:

\documentclass[twocolumn]{article}
\begin{document}
... % \author, etc
\twocolumn[
  address@hidden
    \maketitle
    \begin{abstract}
    \end{abstract}
  address@hidden
]

I can get very near to that this way:

#+LaTeX: \twocolumn[ address@hidden \maketitle
#+BEGIN_abstract
This is my abstract. This is my abstract.
This is my abstract. This is my abstract.
#+END_abstract
#+LaTeX: address@hidden ]

... followed by outline headings marking sections.

The problem is that the "org-latex-title-command" variable places
\maketitle before the \twocolumn[...] bit. I realize I can customize
the variable and make it an empty string, but I'm not sure I want this
to take effect for every document I export to LaTeX.

Is there a way to clear this variable that is local to the buffer?

hjh

[1] http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=onecolabs