Re: [O] hard coded autoload file

From: Ivan Kanis
Subject: Re: [O] hard coded autoload file
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 09:55:55 +0200

April, 26 at 8:36 Bastien wrote:

>> It sucks for me as I generate autoload with a different name. I made a
>> workaround so it's fine.
>
> Why do you generate autoloads with a different name?

I do my own packaging. I started before ELPA and el-get existed. I was
dissatisfied with the Debian way.

Now I am still doing it to keep third-party packages in sync with my
three computers.

>> I think it would be better engineered no to have this stuff
>> repeated at the end of each file.
>
> We follow the Calc exemple here: .el files for which autoloads need to
> be in Emacs loaddefs.el don't have this local variable set, and files
> for which autoloads are put into org-loaddefs.el do have this
> variable.

OK, I didn't know that Emacs has two autoload files. It makes sense now.

> I can imagine some ad hoc function putting the autoloads were they
> belong, but this would be ad hoc.  I guess you'll have first to
> explain why the current setup is problematic.

There is no need to waste anymore time on this. I have a workaround.
--
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those
who have not got it.