Re: [O] XML src block syntax highlighting

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] XML src block syntax highlighting
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 08:50:36 +0200

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 05:03:37PM +0200, Tom wrote:
> Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> schrieb:
>
> >On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 11:57:49AM +0200, Tom wrote:
> >>
> >> #+BEGIN_SRC xml :exports code
> >> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> >> <validxml>
> >> </validxml>
> >> #+END_SRC
> >>
> >> I have org-src-fontify-natively = and it works for other code, but
> >xml
> >> is fontified as a fundamental buffer, not like nxml-mode shows the
> >> block contents. nxml-mode /is/ used when I use C-c ' to edit the
> >> contents.
> >
> >Can you try the following:
> >
> >  #+BEGIN_SRC nxml :exports code
> >    ..
> >  #+END_SRC
> >
> >As far as I know, the language is supposed to be the leading part of
> ><some>-mode.  My information is a bit outdated, so I could be wrong.
>
> I should have written that in my OP: I tried that to no avail.
>
> I also tried
>
> (add-to-list 'org-src-lang-modes '("xml" . nxml))

Sorry, I cannot reproduce this.  I tried (setq org-src-fontify-natively
t) and both of the following work for me.

  #+BEGIN_SRC xml :exports code
    ..
  #+END_SRC

  #+BEGIN_SRC nxml :exports code
    ..
  #+END_SRC

Maybe it is your configuration?  Did you try a binary search on it?
Comment out half of it at a time and you should be able to find the
problem lines in no time!

GL,

--
Suvayu