Re: [O] M-RET inside the first second-level heading of the first first-l

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] M-RET inside the first second-level heading of the first first-level heading
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 16:51:56 -0500

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 3:39 PM, Jisang Yoo <address@hidden> wrote:
> short description:
>
> When I try to create a new heading using M-RET, it works as expected except
> one case: inside the first second-level heading of the first first-level
> heading. This bug affects the latest ELPA version of org, but not the latest
> bundled-with-Emacs version
>
> long description:
>
> Org version 8.0.1-6-ge6776c-elpaplus
> GNU Emacs 24.3.1
>
> Create an org buffer with the following contents
>
> * crunchy
> ** bacon
> * soft
> ** tofu
> * warm
> ** milk
>
> 1. Place cursor at the end of bacon and press M-RET and org creates a first-
> level heading, when it should have created a second level heading as it does
> at the end of tofu or milk.
>
> 2. Place cursor at the beginning of "** bacon" and press M-RET and org creates
> a first-level heading.

I can replicate on Org-mode version 8.0.1 (release_8.0.1-40-g38051c).

> The odd behavior disappears after I add an empty line before the first
> heading.

I can also replicate this. Also odd is that if I put text under the
first headline, it doesn't seem to matter what spacing is before/after
it; ** bacon<cursor> and M-RET will create a first level headline.

* crunchy

Test of some stuff.

** bacon

I can delete the empty space between "Test of some stuff." and the
first headline, or add more spaces, add more spaces between ** bacon
and * soft, and I always get a first level headline with M-RET after
** bacon. Same with C-RET.

John