Re: [O] Org-mode documentation within Emacs

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] Org-mode documentation within Emacs
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 22:35:04 -0700

Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Glyn,
>
> Glyn Millington writes:
>
>> Hi Alan,
>>
>> This is how I do it.
>
> [...]
>
>> I also have this in my init.el
>>
>> (setq Info-default-directory-list (cons "/home/glyn/info/"
>> Info-default-directory-list))
>>
>> Then it should appear in Emacs' info-reader
>
> Thank you for the suggestion. I'll try moving the setting out of the
> starter kit and into my init.el file, the initialization order may be
> important here.
>
> Alan

This is how I do it as well (albeit with `add-to-list', same
difference), and it works fine.

Actually I have one dir: ~/.emacs.d/info, where I symlink all the info
files for bleeding-edge packages. Then I use `install-info
$infofile.info DIR' to create an entry for that file in the master info
directory, then the add-to-list invocation above.

HTH