Re: [O] New exporter - publishing org files doesn't include :tangle

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] New exporter - publishing org files doesn't include :tangle
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 16:27:35 +0200

Hello,

Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> writes:

> James Yuan noticed that the .org file that is published with my document
> (http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.org does not contain :tangle on any of
> the source blocks.
>
> One of the uses of this document is to pull up the file and tangle it to
> create an emacs configuration but this seems to be broken in 8.0.

This is not directly related to the export framework.

For some reason, Babel removes all properties from the opening string of
a block when evaluated. IOW

  #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :exports code :tangle yes
  (+ 1 1)
  #+END_SRC

becomes

  #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
  (+ 1 1)
  #+END_SRC

One workaround is to add Babel properties on a #+header: affiliated
keyword instead as

  #+header: :tangle yes
  #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :exports code
  (+ 1 1)