[O] [Bug] Re: bug with org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift?

From: Karl Voit
Subject: [O] [Bug] Re: bug with org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift?
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 10:43:59 +0200

* David Rogers <address@hidden> wrote:
> Ingmar Meissner <address@hidden> writes:

Hi!

>> it seems to me that "org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift" is not working
>> correct with org-mode 8.0. Usually i could specify a time shift, but
>> not anymore. Did i miss something?
>
> I had the same problem; it's not a bug, it still works, just the default
> behaviour has been changed for 8.0.
>
> The change is that the time-shift is no longer automatic. Now, before
> you type
>
> C-c C-x c
>
> you need to type
>
> C-u
>
> first, so that the whole command is "C-u C-c C-x c", if you want the
> time shift. Otherwise, you get a plain clone with no time
> shift.

Thanks for clearing this issue, David.

I totally agree with Ingmar that this is definitely a bug:

The function is called "org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift" and in
its default behavior (without the universal argument), it does *not*
shift time.

When a user does "M-x org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift" and there
is no time shift, she/he gets irritated - just like Ingmar, just like
I was.

To me, the desired behavior should be like this:

org-clone-subtree ... the same behavior as David described above for
          the current situation of org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift
          with an optional universal argument to ask for time shift
          if you want.

org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift ... the old behavior where the
          user gets asked about the time shift

What function of those two is mapped to "C-c C-x c" is an
independent defined issue.

I would love to see this bug fixed.

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github