Re: [O] merging per-file (or heading) TODO sequences

From: Richard Lawrence
Subject: Re: [O] merging per-file (or heading) TODO sequences
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 09:22:17 -0700

Hi Eric,

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> I could have sworn I've done this successfully before, but...
>
> I need a special sequence of TODO keywords for one file -- actually just
> one headline in particular. I thought I remembered this used to be
> possible, but it doesn't seem to be anymore.
>
> Setting #+SEQ_TODO: FOO | BAR at the top of the file actually
> overwrites the existing value of `org-todo-keywords' for that file. In
> this case I'd like to either:
>
> 1. Create this sequence for a single subtree (it's okay if it clobbers
> the global value of `org-todo-keywords', so long as it's *only* for this
> subtree), or
>
> 2. Set the new sequence at the top of the file, but merge this sequence
> with the global value of `org-todo-keywords'.

Not sure if this is exactly what you want, but you can have multiple
#+SEQ_TODO lines at the top of your file, e.g.:

#+SEQ_TODO: TODO INPROGRESS WAITING | DONE CANCELED
#+SEQ_TODO: FIND PRINT READ NOTES | DONE CANCELED

Then trees will use the different sequences depending on which state you
place them in initially.

Best,
Richard