Re: [O] Release 8.0

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] Release 8.0
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 23:36:55 +0530

> I added Carsten as the author.

I have no problem with that.  You can even add N other authors as long
as my name stays there.

> I'm following the advice of the FSF for now.

FSF position is ambivalent.  They have made a decision (to suit their
convenience) and shifting the burden on me.  Their response is simply
not consistent with Emacs project policy or the most ethical one.

Both FSF and you [1] are "robbing Peter and paying Paul".

For the serious observers, I have posted a response here.

        http://lwn.net/Articles/547737/

I also cite the specific term of my future assignment based on which I
claim that I have the right to report on changes that is "not covered by
contract".

[1] You didn't take my permission to move the files from contrib/lisp to
    lisp.

Jambunathan K.