Re: [O] edit-src on read-only files

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: Re: [O] edit-src on read-only files
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 16:03:17 -0000

Hi Bastien,

thanks again for implementing this!

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> Andreas Leha <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> thanks for taking this up!  But I am not sure, whether I like the
>> current implementation too much.  Instead of saving the org-file itself,
>> I'd prefer the org-file to be auto-saved.
>
> You can use auto-save-mode then.
> I changed the `buffer-auto-save-file-name' so that
> it's unique and shows the date of the auto-save.

This is very nice!  I've actually meant to have the parent org-buffer
auto-saved including the changes in any open source buffer.  But this is
really good as well.  And a much simpler solution.

> I also deactivated the timer for auto-saving into
> the buffer where the source code lives, as it is
> a bit too intrusive IMO.

I agree.  I've also disabled this and -- given the better auto-saving
mechanism (which gets disabled by saving) -- won't use any more.

Thanks again,
Andreas