[O] TAB cycling doesn't work from end of line

From: James Harkins
Subject: [O] TAB cycling doesn't work from end of line
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 22:12:42 +0800

I bet this has been asked before and I just didn't see it... anyway,
I'm wondering if that was intentional that TAB visibility cycling
doesn't do anything if the insertion point is after the ellipses
indicating folded content.

** Example header...
^1   ^2          ^3 ^4

If the point is at locations 1, 2 or 3, TAB will reveal the next level
of children. (The ^ locations will make sense if you format the e-mail
using a monospace font. A proportional font will just look
nonsensical.)

** Example header
*** Child node

If it's at location 4, TAB cycling does nothing.

It's a minor point, but somehow when I'm moving the pointer around in
Emacs, quite often it ends up at the end of a displayed line, and then
I have to remember to take an extra step to make sure TAB does what
it's supposed to do.

I'll grant, there could be a good reason for the behavior, but I think
it's reasonable to expect TAB to expand a heading if the point is
anywhere on the line (including at the end).

hjh