[O] [ox-latex] Bad default value for image width?

From: Rasmus
Subject: [O] [ox-latex] Bad default value for image width?
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2013 22:17:04 +0200

Hi,

I don't like that tikz figures are wrapped in a resize box.  In
particular this plain example is wrapped in a resize box:

#+BEGIN_SRC Org
* tikz test

[[file:test.tikz]]

#+ATTR_LATEX: :width ""
[[file:test.tikz]]
#+END_SRC

Produces:
#+BEGIN_SRC latex
[...]
\resizebox{.9\linewidth}{!}{\input{test.tikz}}
[...]
#+END_SRC

Default behavior should be to not wrap it in a resize box as most tikz
users will set the width appropriately in their code.  The reason is
the variable org-latex-image-default-width which is .9\linewidth by
default.  And I can't seem to set width to nothing. . .  The problem
is that resize box insertion depends on the following test

#+BEGINS_SRC emacs-lisp
 (when (or (org-string-nw-p width) (org-string-nw-p height))
   ...)
#+END_SRC

which is always true due to the default meaning that I can't escape
the resize box. . .

Potential resolutions:
  1. change the default of org-latex-image-default-width
  2. allow for a non-width (:width nil)
  3. make a better test for the resize box.

Let me know and I might be able to look into it.

–Rasmus

--
A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it