Re: [O] Some %elements in org-html-postamble-format became too "generous

From: Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: [O] Some %elements in org-html-postamble-format became too "generous"
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2013 22:52:04 +0200

> Dieter Wilhelm <address@hidden> writes:
>> Why not simply making org-html-creator-string "name oriented", like:
>>
>> "<a href=\"http://orgmode.org\";>Org</a> mode 8.0-pre / <a
>> href=\"http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/\";>Emacs</a> 24.3.3."
>
> Agreed. Done.

Wonderful, now I'm receiving:

  Emacs 24.3.3 (Org mode 8.0-pre)

Which is fine for me, I respect your decision but I really think you are
too humble here.  It was first and foremost created by Org (within
mighty Emacs of course :-)), thus:

  "Org mode 8.0-pre (Emacs 24.3.3)"

Thank you for your work.

>> Works wonderfully for English, sorry I forgot the more general case.
>> The default time string format has a day name included.  Wouldn't it be
>> possible for the exporters to look for the language keyword e.g.:
>> #+LANGUAGE: fr and set the time string translated accordingly?  I've no
>> idea how much work it is but I imagine org asking the OS under some
>> locale argument might do...
>
> This is no trivial task. Patches welcome. ;)

Autsch 8-)

>> By the way, is it normal that org-html-postamble-format and
>> org-html-creator-string are not loaded before an html export is
>> triggered?
>
> Yes, by default, the export framework is not loaded at startup (as
> specified in `org-export-backends'). You can use `eval-after-load' or
> simply (require 'ox-html) if needed.

Good, everything is fine.  Thanks for the confirmation.
--
      Dieter

Best wishes

H. Dieter Wilhelm