Re: [O] global keys not working on version 20130401

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [O] global keys not working on version 20130401
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 08:38:59 +0000 (UTC)

Bastien <bzg <at> altern.org> writes:

> Hi Chris,
>
> Chris Henderson <henders254 <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I have installed version 20130401 on emacs 24.3 on os x mountain lion
> > via M-x package list. But my global keys don't seem to be working. I
> > get an error:
>
> See this excerpt from http://orgmode.org/elpa.html:
>
> ,----
> | By default, Emacs loads packages after it loads your Emacs init file.
> |
> | We recommend intializing packages as early as possible in your Emacs
> | init file so that your Org configuration will be correctly handled:
> |
> | ;; -*- emacs-lisp -*-
> | (package-initialize)                ;; Initialize & Install Package
> | ;; (setq org-...)                   ;; Your custom settings
> |
> | The package initialization should happen before you require Org and
> | set any Org options.
> `----
>
> You surely need to add (package-initialize) before Org options in your
> .emacs.  Otherwise, Emacs will load the built-in Org and you will end
> up with mixed autoloads.

I have added (package-initialize) at the top of my .emacs.

Gone on to org with M-x org-version:
Org-mode version 7.9.2 (7.9.2-120-g20839c-elpa @
/Users/chris/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20121217/)
and everything was working fine.

M-x package-list and installed the latest version of org and it went back to
the previour issue reported.

M-x org-version was showing:
Org-mode version 7.9.4 (7.9.4-elpa @ /Users/chris/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130401/)

Not sure what I am doing wrong.