[O] LaTeX error when using radio tables

From: David Kincaid
Subject: [O] LaTeX error when using radio tables
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 15:16:51 -0500

I'm following the instructions in the user guide in section A.5.2 for using org-mode table editing in LaTeX. The editing works great and it inserts the table in the right place. However, I get an error when trying to compile the file.

Here is the error:

ERROR: Illegal parameter number in definition of \test.

--- TeX said ---
<to be read again>
                   +
l.220 \end{comment}

and my LaTeX code looks like this:

% BEGIN RECEIVE ORGTBL pi-current-data
\begin{tabular}{ll}
Entity & Volume \\
\hline
Practice &  \\
Pet Owner &  \\
Animal &  \\
Transaction &  \\
\end{tabular}
% END RECEIVE ORGTBL pi-current-data
\begin{comment}
#+ORGTBL: SEND pi-current-data orgtbl-to-latex :splice nil :skip 0
   | Entity      | Volume |
   | Practice    |        |
   | Pet Owner   |        |
   | Animal      |        |
   | Transaction |        |
\end{comment}

does anyone have an idea what is going on?