Re: [O] is speedup possible in the agenda?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] is speedup possible in the agenda?
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 15:14:22 -0400

Probably using the elp package: M-x elp-instrument-package RET org RET, run whatever, M-x elp-results RET

Nick

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 2:32 PM, Tim Howe <address@hidden> wrote:
On 3 Apr 2013, Samuel Wales <address@hidden> wrote:

> This is just an indication as I have not tried with emacs -Q yet:

How are you getting those profiling results?

> ===
> org-agenda-goto                                               23
>    146.941348    6.3887542608
> org-agenda-cycle-show                                         22
>    141.035186    6.4106902727
[...]

--
Tim Howe
http://quadium.net/~vsync/

The lack of interest, the disdain for history is what makes computing
not-quite-a-field.  [...]  They have no idea where [their culture came
from] and the Internet was done so well that most people think of it
as a natural resource like the Pacific Ocean, rather than something
that was man-made.  When was the last time a technology with a scale
like that was so error-free?  The Web, in comparison, is a joke.  The
Web was done by amateurs.
        -- Alan Kay