[O] [Feature request] Could Org-mode set 'outline-promotion-headings'?

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: [O] [Feature request] Could Org-mode set 'outline-promotion-headings'?
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 15:01:59 +0200

Hi List,

'outline-promotion-headings' is a variable defined in Carsten Dominik's
'outline-magic.el' library (and is thus part of my 'outshine.el' which
merges 'outline-magic').

When I wrote 'navi-mode.el' (see https://github.com/tj64/navi and
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/index.html) I tried to make it
dependent mostly on this variable, so I guess I could make navi-mode
work with Org-mode files too (not only with buffers where
outline-minor-mode is acitvated with outshine extensions) if Org-mode
would set this variable:

,------------------------------------------------------------------------
| outline-promotion-headings is a variable defined in `outshine.el'.
| Its value is shown below.
|
|   Automatically becomes buffer-local when set.
|
| Documentation:
| A sorted list of headings used for promotion/demotion commands.
| Set this to a list of headings as they are matched by `outline-regexp',
| top-level heading first.  If a mode or document needs several sets of
| outline headings (for example numbered and unnumbered sections), list
| them set by set, separated by a nil element.  See the example for
| `texinfo-mode' in the file commentary.
|
| For more information check the manuals.
|

| Value:
|  ((";; * " . 1)
|  (";; ** " . 2)
|  (";; *** " . 3)
|  (";; **** " . 4)
|  (";; ***** " . 5)
|  (";; ****** " . 6)
|  (";; ******* " . 7)
|  (";; ******** " . 8))
|
| Local in buffer `xyz.el'; global value is nil
`------------------------------------------------------------------------

I case of Org-mode, there would of course be no ';;' in the values, i.e. just

instead of

--
cheers,
Thorsten