Re: [O] #+call split into multiple lines?

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] #+call split into multiple lines?
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 11:51:03 -1000

Aloha Seb,

"Sebastien Vauban"
<address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> Thomas S. Dye wrote:
>> In this situation I often put the arguments in a named Org table and
>> then write the Babel source code block to take a single argument--the
>> table name--and parse the information passed in that way.
>>
>> #+name: card-table
>> | cname                   | gname      | photo                 | etc.|
>> | Dr. Stefan Vollmar      | Stefan     | stefan-vollmar.jpg    | ... |
>> | Dr. Stefan Vollmar, Jr. | Stefan Jr. | stefan-vollmar-jr.jpg | ... |
>>

>> #+call: mhead-hcard(card=card-table[0,]) for Stefan
>>
>> #+call: mhead-hcard(card=card-table[1,]) for Stefan Jr.
>>
>> If you don't mind writing some extra code for the Babel function, then
>>
>> #+call: mhead-hcard(card=card-table,gname="Stefan")
>>
>> etc.
>
> And do you eventually have a way to write a "for-loop" for all the lines of
> the tables, not being forced to write as many calls as the number of lines you
> do have?
>
> I don't see (immediately) how to do such, but that would really allow to
> promote such a use case!

Not sure I understand your question.  Perhaps I misunderstood Stefan's
use case?

There are several languages supported by Babel that have loop
constructs.  I was assuming that Stefan would use one of these when I
suggested the possibility of writing some extra code.

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye