Re: [O] [BUG] [ODT] Annotations break paragraphs

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] [ODT] Annotations break paragraphs
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 10:46:43 +0100

Hi again,

While we're at it, there's trouble with custom author and date info in
annotations. I hadn't really noticed, since my name was inserted anyway
and dates didn't matter much to my work.

1. Author and date attributes of the annotation are ignored, unless I'm
writing them wrong (I've tried three syntaxes -- below the
signature). My name is used for the authorname, whatever I put as
:author in the #+begin_annotation line. No date is found.

2. In LibreOffice the annotations all say "no date", and indeed, no date
(<dc:date> element) is inserted at all. Maybe it should be. When I
remove the condition testing for a date "(and date <...>)", all the
annotations get stamped with the time of export if the exporter doesn't
find any other date. That was the behavior of the old exporter. It's
debatable whether it's the right thing to do, but I saw it as a feature,
saving work to insert timestamps.

Yours,
Christian

Here's what I've tried for the author/date attributes.

This is the syntax originally used when Jambunathan introduced the feature:

There is an annotation by a reviewer - "Someone else" - here.
#+begin_annotation author "Someone else" date "<2011-10-22 Wed 15:43>"
Yes I do.
#+end_annotation

I have tried these as well: