[O] Proposal for new/updated exporter tutorials on Worg

From: John Hendy
Subject: [O] Proposal for new/updated exporter tutorials on Worg
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 23:51:46 -0500

Greetings,

I just pushed a changed to the 8.0 upgrade guide (scroll all the way
to the bottom):
- http://orgmode.org/worg/org-8.0.html

It features a table similar to that of the Babel languages:
- http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages.html

It simply lists the exporters Org offers, their .el location with
respect to Org directory (either in ./lisp/ox-* or
./contrib/lisp/ox-*) and a column for what I hope will turn into links
to updated exporter tutorials/detailed documentation similar to what
exists for Org Babel. Currently, Org exporter tutorials are spread
between =worg.git/org-tutorials= and =worg.git/exporters=. It looks
like the most up to date have started settling in
=worg.git/exporters=; what does the list think about deciding to stick
with that as the home for all new ox-* related documentation on Worg?

I'd propose they simply be titled according to the new names,
=worg.git/exporters/ox-*=.

I'm happy to help with a template (probably just porting
ob-doc-template to ox-template or something like that). I think the
Babel table is great; perhaps after Org-8.0 actually launches, the new
exporters could receive a similar "landing page"
(=worg.git/exporters/ox-summary= or similar) where that table could
reside and be updated as the new platform grows.

Individuals could contribute and add links at the table they can. I
think getting placeholders created for each exporter in the very near
future (which I also volunteer to do) will be really helpful as the
official shift to 8.0 happens. It will lower the barrier to entry for
getting information out of the mailing list and into Worg (I
anticipate lots more questions as infrequent upgraders/non-git users
migrate over).

Thanks for any comments/suggestions!
John